Stylish Cabinetry Gives the Evora Show Home That Wow Factor
Adding a bank of cabinetry in a bonus room, laundry room or lower level great room can take both storage and wall design to a new level. Our new Evora show home in Mahogany, showcases an easy-to-create, stunning wall of storage, perfect for stashing games, colouring books, art supplies and papers. Here’s the no muss, no fuss, how-to guide to create the look in your new Hopewell home!
- Take Stock. Begin by spending some time getting to know your home. Take note of how each room is used and which rooms seem to be continually messy and cluttered. Ask yourself questions like: where do the kids hang out? Do they have art supplies, crayons, and toys strewn in one particular room? If you answered yes, then it’s time to create some funky storage.
- Create a Foundation: I you are starting with a blank wall, there are several pre-fab models to choose from. Check out Ikea’s Sektion wall cabinet frames. Install several side-by-side and you will have the perfect foundation.
- Pick the Cabinet Fronts. Next, head on over to your computer and click on Ikea.com. Pull up the Kalvia kitchen door fronts. Choose the size and number that you require based on your shelving size. Each door front is a unique work of art and will create a one-of-a-kind pattern.
- Install: Before installing, place the door fronts side by side in various configurations and play with the sequencing to achieve the look that you want. Use the recommended UTRUSTA hinges to fasten the door facings, which can be hung either to the left or right.
- Enjoy. And, last but not least, gather up all of the clutter, open the cabinetry doors and store it all inside. Close the door, and presto, all you will see is a beautiful artistic wall design.