While you’re dreaming up your new home - there are a few things you should consider before furnishing it.
- Determine a Budget: Allocate and budget for furniture up-front - this will determine your needs vs. wants and where to shop within your price range.
- Consider Your Existing Furniture: Take measurements and photos of your current furniture - it could offer a short or long-term, cost-effective solution for furnishing your new home.
- Study Your Floorplans: All Hopewell floorplans are available through our website, making it easier than ever to get familiar with the layout of your desired model. Print your floorplan and use a pencil to try furniture arrangements with your existing furniture and any new items you will purchase.
- Plan a Site Visit: If available, visit your new space or the showhome with a tape measurer, notepad and pen prior-to making any big purchases. Bring your furniture layout ideas and current furniture measurements to ensure your current furnishings will fit and allocate space for new pieces.
- Purchase Your New Furniture: Last but not least! Have your floorplans nearby and begin the hunt for new furnishings within your budget. Cost-effective tip: Thrift shops, garage sales and online used-markets are great solutions for finding unique pieces that are authentically upcycled, and often under-budget.
The Benning showhome in Hotchkiss is now open and features floor decals in the basement recommending furniture for the space and more tips to consider when furnishing your new home. Stop by to take a tour and let us help to make your dream home come to life.
Click here to register for updates about show homes, promos and more.