Not sure how to start your first-time homebuying journey? Are you considering moving-up or downsizing into a new home and are looking for specific resources to help your transition? Find your dream home and experience a stress-free homebuying process with our carefully designed programs and partners.
Below we've listed five steps every homebuyer should know whether it's their first time or not. Plus we've detailed our programs that are explicitly designed to guide you through each step seamlessly.
STEP 1: PREPARE YOUR FINANCES
You've made the decision and are ready to get started! Now it is time to take a realistic look at what you can afford. In this step you will need to consider things like securing a down payment you are comfortable with and getting approved for a mortgage. If you've never done this before, or even if you have, we can help!
STEP 2: SELL YOUR CURRENT HOME
If you're a first-time buyer you can skip this step!
We know selling your current home can be a critical step in purchasing your new Hopewell home, so we have partnered with trusted Realtors and Mortgage Brokers to simplify the process for you, while also saving you thousands.
- Hopewell Tip: Our preferred Realtor Partners in Calgary or Edmonton can provide you with a complete home marketing package that includes a home staging consultation and photography.
- Hopewell Perk: Minimize the stress of looking for a new home during this process by speaking with our Preferred Mortgage Partners in Calgary and Edmonton to find that perfect space for you at an affordable price. Plus, Hopewell will pay your listing fees when you decide to sell your current home.
STEP 3: FIND THE FLOORPLAN YOUR LOVE AND PUT IT ON HOLD
Easily browse our family-friendly communities and our thoughtful interior designs on our website and add them to your mood-board. Utilize our home gallery (Calgary or Edmonton) to explore our Condos to Front-Attached Garage models and floorplans, or take a virtual tour of your favourite model to get the full-effect!
- Hopewell Tip: You can place a hold directly on our website! Simply click Request a Quote or Place a Hold on the model page.
- Hopewell Perk: You can visit our beautifully staged show homes (Calgary or Edmonton) and envision your new lifestyle by touring the community.
STEP 4: PERSONALIZE THE DESIGN
Whether your family is growing, or you are downsizing, we have interior features and floorplans to suit your needs. Personalize your space with a flex room and spice kitchen, or add investment opportunities like an extra bedroom or legal basement suite.
- Hopewell Tip: At our Design Sense Studio you can expect a large selection of carefully curated floorplans, finishings, colour palettes, and more to choose from!
- Hopewell Perk: Unlike other builders, you can choose all your finishings and must-have features right in our show homes. This means full price transparency, no sticker shock, and no running between external studios and shops.
STEP 5: PREPARE FOR YOUR MOVE
Take advantage of our Hopewell Price Advantage when it comes time to move-in. Enjoy helpful programs like Virtuo, a moving concierge service that will successfully plan your move on a stress-free timeline.
- Hopewell Tip: Buying a new home with a Master Builder like Hopewell means you can rest assured your needs will be taken care of and your expectations met under our peace-of-mind warranties. We offer top-quality features in every home.
- Hopewell Perk: You will be supported throughout the homebuying journey by your personal Customer Liaison. Your Customer Liaison will be available to you to provide updates on building milestones and to answer questions even after you move in.
Book an appointment today to get started and download this handy checklist!